Welcome and thank you for joining fun with Modeling Paste Play!
Keep an eye on your email for the link to get into the classroom. It will be sent to the email you used when checking out.
If you don’t see it promptly (within 5-10 minutes or so), please check your spam and/or promotions tab if in gmail. If, after 60 minutes you don’t see the email, let me know at support at carolyndube dot com (written the long way to reduce the spam/hacker risk) and we’ll get it figured out. Sometimes emails randomly get hung up in the filters of internet service providers.
Here’s the supply list for Colorful Patterned Papers and the basics video for you to look over while you’re waiting for the computer elves to send the link to the classroom. All supply lists and videos are also in the classroom so they will be there any time you want them.
What I used and feel free to substitute with whatever you have!
Here are the supplies I will be using in this workshop. I have included the list here of the ones I am using…but please please please substitute with what you have on hand or with brands you prefer. In my experience, if I am buying 1 or 2 things, Amazon is a good deal. If I am buying more than that, I get a better online deal at Dick Blick- especially if there is a sale. For that reason, I have included links to both places whenever available to make it as easy as possible for you.
What I Used:
- Flexible Modeling Paste- at Amazon (this is a big jar like what I used 32oz.) at DickBlick (they have several sizes available) If you are using a different modeling paste and you find that it is breaking easily or too brittle, you may want to switch to the flexible kind.
- Catalyst Blade Mini 1 at DickBlick at Amazon
- heavy body acrylics colors: white, cadmium yellow light hue, cadmium orange hue, medium magenta, cobalt teal, vivid lime green at DickBlick at Amazon
- Oil Pastels at DickBlick at Amazon
- Paint brushes
- From your grocery or hardware store: cosmetic sponges, small disposable drinking cups, large flat toothpicks or other item to mix color into modeling paste
These are the StencilGirl stencils I used in the video
This video covers the very important topic of how to clean your stencils after you’ve used them with modeling paste! This video is included in all four of the modeling paste play a la carte workshops.